Art Tips by Artyshils
- It may seem hard to believe, but almost anyone can be an artist. It depends largely on the goals you set and how hard you apply yourself. Its not a rocket science. Just practice. You were not able to walk as a toddler, but you practiced and practiced until you body was trained enough to walk straight. Similarly practice, so that your hands get trained enough to move the way your brush wants and your heart flows.
- Any art is a form of expression just like speaking. While speaking , a person expresses his inner self. At that point we don't interrupt him and tell him that you speak in a nice way or a bad way, because every person has his own way of speaking and that cannot be good or bad. Same thing applies to art. According to me , art can never ever be categorised under good or bad.Every soul has its own unique style of expression.Love your form of expression and just enjoy the process.
- In order to lower the intensity of a color, always blend it with burnt sienna or its contrasting colors ( check out color wheel for contrasting colors ) instead of mixing it with black. Black makes the colors dead. Example :- To lower the intensity of bright red, mix it with burnt sienna or shades of green instead of black.
- Using various textures on a painting always makes it all the more interesting. So always keep experimenting with various textures using different things you can imagine of - like a sponge, a bottle cap, bubble wrap, cardboard. These are just a few while the possibilities of finding textures around you is enormous. So get started and have fun.
- If you have a problem with drawing facial expressions while drawing a face, then always keep a mirror in front of you. Look in to the mirror and enact the facial expression you want and notice how your eyes, lips and cheeks etc turn. Then try to imitate those expressions on your picture too. Some of the best cartoonists in the world use this technique in their drawings.
- All our dreams cannot be translated into reality.. But they can act as a foundation stone 4 a glorious future. So don't give up and keep trying to achieve your art goals. believe IN YOUR ABILITIES.!!!
- JUST DO IT. No one will do it for you. Dont waste time in thinking between should I or shouldn't I . Don't wait for the perfect time or the perfect materials to come your way, as there is no such thing as perfect time to make art. Just grab a pen or a paper or whatever you have and get going.